General conditions for translators
- The base unit for the calculation of rates is the word. A page is usually understood as a page composed of 200 words.
- The translator must see the text to be translated in advance. The original must be presented to the translator in legible form and include tables, drawings and graphics that may accompany the text. Any additional documentation available on the subject should be provided to the translator.
- Delivery and withdrawal costs are borne by the customer.
- The translator is responsible for keeping secret and giving confidential treatment to all material received by the client and will be responsible for it while it remains in his possession. At the request of the client and in charge of the latter, the translator may cover the documents during the transfer with an insurance policy.
- Payment of the agreed fees will be made after receiving the invoice or equivalent document and within a maximum period of 30 (thirty) calendar days after delivery.
- For works of a certain extent or exclusive dedication, the translator will agree with the client to pay an advance payment of the agreed fees.
- In the event that the work cannot be performed for justified reasons of force majeure, the translator may resign without paying any compensation to the client.
- For jobs entrusted and subsequently revoked, the part already translated will be made available to the customer and the corresponding value will be paid. Additionally, the client will pay the translator a compensation equivalent to 10% of the total agreed amount.
- After thirty days of delivery, claims will not be accepted.